Friday, September 14, 2012


Written in March 2012….

 
It’s official!

The house is on the market.

Passports for the kids have been ordered.

Words like “Department of State,” “authenticate,” “expedite,” “Secretary of State,” “certified,” “apostille” and “Embassy” are tossed around our home like bright hoops at a circus.

 

How in the world did we get here?

I am so excited to be here!

 

Last March, Matthew and I had the privilege of going to the United Arab Emirates. Say what? Yeah that’s right. Matthew’s brother Daniel and his wife Erin were here as teachers and they generously flew us out to va-cay for a week.

 

Know what’s weird?

I DIDN’T WANT TO GO. No way. No how. I didn’t want to go.

 

For months I wrestled.  Praying, PLEADING with God to intervene.

Go? To the other side of the world to play? I have responsibilities! We homeschool! We have children! I can’t leave them, my Sunday School class, a wedding to direct…

 

Call it anxiety, call it spiritual warfare. I just didn’t want to go. SO I pleaded with God to intervene.

 

LOL, He didn’t.

 

But He did do something else.

 

The minute we landed and stepped into the Abu Dhabi Airport, God breathed into us and said, “I have something to show you here.

 

There are times when it feels like my prayers go no further than my mouth. But the days we spent in the UAE, it seemed like our mouths were closed because God Himself was speaking to us.

 

 

Now today…

 

The house sold in 24 hours. We sold 80% of everything we owned and moved across the world.

Say what? Yes. We did. Well, God moved us.

 

Matthew is the Pastor of The Evangelical Community Church (ECC) Off-Island in Abu Dhabi.

That’s right! The United Arab Emirates!

Enough backstory. Most of you reading this already know how our awesome God brought us to this amazing place.

 

So this is the blog that I have been promising since April. I’ll be posting as often as I can.
 
There has never been a time when I have depended so thoroughly on the Lord. There has never been a time when prayer has been so vital.
 
God is with us. He sustains us and holds us. He is most definitely the Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment